quarta-feira, 14 de agosto de 2013

Simulação mental

My method is different.  I do not rush into actual work.  When I get an idea I start at once building it up in my imagination.  I change the construction, make improvements and operate the device in my mind.  It is absolutely immaterial to me whether I run my turbine in thought or test it in my shop.  I even note if it is out of balance.  There is no difference whatever, the results are the same.  In this way I am able to rapidly develop and perfect a conception without touching anything.  When I have gone so far as to embody in the invention every possible improvement I can think of and see no fault anywhere, I put into concrete form this final product of my brain.  Invariably my device works as I conceived that it should, and the experiment comes out exactly as I planned it.  In twenty years there has not been a single exception.  Why should it be otherwise? Engineering, electrical and mechanical, is positive in results.  There is scarcely a subject that cannot be mathematically treated and the effects calculated or the results determined beforehand from the available theoretical and practical data.  The carrying out into practise of a crude idea as is being generally done is, I hold, nothing but a waste of energy, money and time. 
"My Inventions", a autobiografia de Nikola Tesla 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário